Friday, January 20, 2012

Seen and Heard

E (indignant):  "I did not have a meltdown.  Only ice cubes can melt down".
_____________

When discussing future vacation destinations.

E:  "I just want to go home.  Home makes me happy. (pause).  Also Ikea.  Ikea makes me happy too."
_____________

On Daddy's profession.

E:  I want to work like Daddy and sit in a big big office and eat chocolate.
_____________
Listening to the song 'Don't Speak' by Gwen Stefani.

E:  What does this song mean?  Why does it hurt?
M: She says that she doesn't want hear what the person is saying because it might hurt her feelings.
E:  Does your feelings hurt?
M:  No, because you only say nice things. 
E:  Um, maybe it's because you don't hear me.  If you hear me then your feelings might get hurt.
M: Do you say mean things?
E:  No, but you should still try to hear me.

____________
What he wants to be when he grows up.

E:  "Mommy so I can cook spirals ( what he calls the imitation crab pieces in udon) and waffles." 

No comments:

Post a Comment