Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Penny Letters

Okay, I already blogged about Pinterest - you can count me in as one of the many who are obsessed.  If I have some free time surfing the web, invariably most of that time will be spent on Pinterest gathering inspiration on what to cook or things to craft.  Of course, I have yet to actually make anything...but research should count for something right?

So when I heard about the Pinterest Challenge a few days ago I finally got motivated enough to try my hand at one of the bajillion things I pinned.  Like this one:




Here is my rendition:

I was originally going to penny up our last name or say Cucina or something to that effect but then I realized I already had letters lefter over from Ethan's nursery and therefore wouldn't have to buy any.  Since I wanted to hang the letters in our kitchen I had two options for what to say: EAT or TEA (and given that we don't actually drink any tea but do plenty of eating I think you know what I ended up going with, although to be totally honest if this word were to represent us it would really say CHOCOLATE or ICE CREAM instead).
  

Repainted the letters a copper color:
P1140523

This was after three coats.  In retrospect I think spray painting would have been much faster.
P1140524

Glue, glue, glue away.  I ended up scattering three layers of pennies to cover all the bare spots.  The E6000 glue worked really well.

P1140746

And here is the finished results!

P1140762P1140766P1140768



Get inspired by other entries by clicking below!


4 comments:

  1. I love your penny art, it's on my to-do list too!! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out. Penny art is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool and cheap! Great job, and thanks for linking up with the Winter Pinterest Challenge!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete