As a countdown to Christmas here are some of our favorite things we did this December:
- We rode a holiday train through the plaza:
and got a balloon from a Christmas elf. Ethan asked for an airplane, natch.
- We got to meet Santa Claus. When Ethan told Santa that the only thing he wanted for Christmas was a laminator, we got the best incredulous look from him.
- Had a play date with some school friends to bake Christmas cookies. Yum!
- Ethan won an award from school for demonstrating Caring! They grouped the Nov-Dec award ceremony together so this counts as a December event right?
- We got the house all Christmasy.
- We went to see Disney on Ice. A big NG. E was completely bored.
The highlight was taking the light rail.
- We made a gingerbread house. It looks like I already ate an entire house - my tummy could not be bigger!
- Ethan learned about the different holiday celebrations: Ramadan, Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah. Look at his essay on Kwanzaa...a little un PC and with some bold spelling choices. Only a 5 year old can pull this off.
- Saw Frozen. E loved this movie. Surprisingly he was scared of Angelina Jolie in the preview to Sleeping Beauty but the fight scenes with the huge snow monster in the movie did not phase him in the slightest.
- Lastly, our Christmas concert from school. In the video there are two very enthusiastic dancers...one being our cutie patootie.