Saturday, June 21, 2014

Graduation

DSC02687

Ethan graduated Kindy!  Woot Woot!  He loves his school and especially his teacher.  At home he transformed his playroom into a classroom just like his at school, complete with a hand drawn flag to pledge allegiance to (after a recording he made of a typical announcement that comes from the principal) and all the posters and bulletins that are found in his classroom.  After school we sometimes play 'school' and he teaches me what he learned during the day.

DSC02662
So happy and proud walking in with his class!

DSC02663

IMG_0315
The founders of the school with principal and vice principal.

The kinders sang four songs for us: The World Is A Rainbow, The Vowel Song, Each Of Us Is A Flower, Mahalo before calling each class up to collect their diplomas.

IMG_0324
He loves being a Surber Seal!

DSC02699
We were lucky to have Yeh Yeh come visit us and help us celebrate.


DSC02696
Rare whole family picture

On the last day of school we got a binder of all the stories that they had written during school (focus on narrative and information stories). 

This is one he wrote of his first experience at camp:
IMG_3567
Over spring break I went to the Don Callejon School Library again.  I was...

IMG_3565
with a teacher.  I was feeling happy.  First, I made an advanced zipper until...Lora came along!  I stopped after I worked and worked. I saw Zully, she told me how to make a lanyard.  Then, I put two loops, then I took one string.  I did an over under (loop) twice.  Then I pulled 4 times.  I bit the string.  Last, I worked and worked.  Then I did it over again.  I put...

IMG_3566
it in my lunch.  I had a great time at the library at school.


During his free choice activity time he wrote out the theme song to Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  
IMG_3141

I'm so happy he likes school and loves his teacher - she made a great impact on him!  I hope he continues his love of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment