Friday, January 29, 2010

My New Toy


Okay, I have been wanting to upgrade my camera for awhile now. Bob asked me what I wanted for X-mas two years ago, and I replied that I wanted to get a new camera. By the time this past X-mas rolled around I was still undecided on which one to get - I wanted the quality of photos that you would get from a DSLR but in a camera with a more compact frame. So I was waiting for the reviews on the new micro 4/3 cameras that Olympus and Panasonic debuted last fall. Well, I finally bit the bullet and we splurged on the Panasonic GF1 with the 20mm lens which we picked up just yesterday. Ideally if I could build my dream camera I would get the Olympus EP-1 body with the Panasonic pancake lens but that would be way too expensive and I am only an amateur.

I was so excited to try out the camera I immediately took some test shots of my cutie pie. Here they are: just auto setting and no post processing.


Of course a picture is only as good as the photographer. I'm just starting to learn so hopefully I'll get better at this!

2 comments:

  1. Emily: Great camera, good choice.Ethan is so sweet in these photos. - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO, new toy for Emmy! The pics look so good! I always wanted a cozy coupe for Katie, I'll have to go to HK to visit so we can play with it! ;P heehee!

    Ethan is looking more and more like a little boy and less like a baby every time I see pictures! He's growing up so fast! He is so handsome and photogenic!

    ReplyDelete