Sunday, September 18, 2011

Danshui

I can't believe I still haven't posted pictures of our trip to Taiwan last spring - every few days I will think of it but then put it off.  So four months later here they are!  Which is good because Ethan really loved visiting Taiwan so now we can relive the trip by looking at the pictures.  Every time I ask where he wants to travel to he will say he wants to visit Nai Nai in Taiwan and he gets so excited by it.

The first thing we did when we went to Taiwan was to visit my grandmother in Danshui.

P1110124
This was my father's childhood home where he grew up. His mother still lives in the neighborhood but in a different house down the street.

P1110097
Ethan getting a lift from Yeh Yeh.

P1110105
I was so excited to take pictures with Grandma but all of them were out of focus. I'm so sad about that!

P1110133
After lunch we took a stroll to Fisherman's Wharf.

P1110138
Along the way we saw quite a few people with pet pigs.

P1110149P1110158P1110167
The focal point at the wharf is the Lover's Bridge, a small suspension bridge which is modelled after a sailing ship's rigging and mast.  It's a known romantic destination at sunset which is why it is named the Lover's Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment