Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bad Mommy Moment...

Someone has been on a bit of a milk strike for the past two months (which it's strange because he used to LOVE his milk).  And he will only nibble at yogurt or cheese so I have resorted to sneaking dairy into his meals like making homemade clam chowder.  I have tried smoothies in the past for his snack (which he didn't like because he knew it was milk based - too smart for me!), but the other day he tried some carrot/orange juice and loved it so I thought I would try again.  I saw a recipe to make a smoothie with milk, OJ and bananas (why lead me astray like this Reader's Digest Cookbook?!).  The blender was occupied with some chicken soup so I just decided to mix the first two ingredients by hand.  Something in the back of my mind told me that you shouldn't mix acidic juice with milk but hey, OJ and milk is basically what an Orange Julius is right?  Right?? Besides though it sounds kinda vile I did a taste test and it tasted pretty good.  My super sweet unsuspecting baby actually guzzled this concoction down.  I felt proud at my trickery and thought I had a surefire way to get Ethan to drink more milk.

Fast forward and hour later (the below is a bit TMI and graphic.  Be forewarned): 
Ethan's poor little stomach decided it did not like the drink.  At all.  It revolted in a major way.  He threw up over himself, me and down the entire 20 step staircase (which actually curves so this is projectile vomiting at it's finest).  At least he wasn't affected in any other way.  Right after upchucking three times he looked at me and said, 'Go outside now?'.  It wasn't until after we cleaned up, showered and dressed that he told me in no uncertain terms that he 'Don like that.  Don like orange juice'.  I don't blame him.  After this I don't like orange juice either.  Poor baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment